Roffeys Residential Lettings provide three types of service for prospective landlords, a Letting Service; Letting Service with Rent Collection and a Full Management Service. These three services may be summarised as follows:
• Visiting the property and advising as to the achievable income under current market conditions
• Advertising and generally marketing the property
• Interviewing prospective tenants and advising suitable applicants of the availability of your property
• Arranging viewings both accompanied, or by appointment with the landlord or current occupant
• Negotiating on your behalf the terms of the offer and any special conditions and forwarding suitable offers to you. Once an offer has been accepted, applying for references and a credit search through a professional tenant assessment company
• Preparing the relevant tenancy agreement and providing the prospective tenant with a copy of this agreement so that the person or company has an opportunity to have it checked to ensure all legal conditions are understood. Prior to signing, prepare notice necessary for the landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts
• Liaising with a landlord’s mortgagee where necessary
• Collecting a holding deposit of £500 (or higher amount as agreed) from the prospective tenant. These funds will constitute part of the tenancy deposit on completion
• Collecting the balance of a tenancy deposit, usually equivalent to one month’s rent, to be held by Roffeys Residential Lettings and registered in accordance with the provisions of our membership of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme operated by The Dispute Service Ltd (TDS)
LETTING SERVICE WITH RENT COLLECTION
In addition to the services provided by our Letting Service (above), the landlord will be provided with our rent collection service to include:
• Arranging for collection of rent from the tenant on the due date and paying over to the landlord each calendar month (normally remitted within five working days of receipt of cleared funds) less our monthly rent collection fee. Rent payments will be made by BACS direct to the landlord.
• Provision of a monthly statement of account and payment advice.
FULL MANAGEMENT SERVICE
As well as the services provided by our Letting Service the landlord will be provided with the following additional services:
• Arranging for the preparation of a comprehensive inventory and schedule of condition of the property and its contents.
• Arranging for safety checks to be carried out as required on gas and electrical services and appliances
• Arranging for collection of rent from the tenant on the due date and paying over to the landlord each calendar month (normally sent within five working days of receipt of cleared funds) less any fees or expenses due or incurred for the period. Payments will be made by cheque or BACS payment direct to the landlord, together with a detailed rent statement
• Carrying out management visits to the premises approximately every 3 to 4 months and provision of a verbal or written report
• Arranging of minor repairs or maintenance, including arranging for tradesmen to attend the premises and obtaining estimates where necessary and settling accounts from rents received
• Carrying out a final check of the premises upon termination of the tenancy
View Our LANDLORDS' GUIDE...click here