Buying a property is probably the biggest financial commitment you are ever likely to make, so you should use an agency you can trust. ROFFEYS is one of the most respected estate agents in the area and we are committed to providing the very best in professional service standards. We work to make your move as stress-free as possible and feedback shows that 99% of our customers would be happy to recommend us to their friends and family and use our services again in the future.
New to the area
If you are relocating from outside the area, our friendly and knowledgeable sales consultants can point you in the right direction if you need more local information. While we cannot comment specifically on which school would be best for your child, for instance, we can provide information about local nurseries, school catchment areas, shops and amenities, as well as transport links and other essential services.
Remember, we are here to assist you with your purchase the best way we can and will help take care of matters which may arise up to exchange of contracts and completion - at which point, it will be time to hand you the keys and wish you good luck and enjoyment in your new home.
The inside track on buying…
You’re in a hurry to buy and you don’t want to miss the prime properties. Here are our tips to remember when dealing with estate agents that will hopefully increase your chances of success –
• Try to be as specific as possible with the area, price range and type of property you are looking for. If there are certain roads where you would like to live, tell the agent. The chances are something will arise and you could be one of the first to be told.
• Keep in regular contact and when possible, visit the agents’ offices to introduce yourself personally. It’s good to put a face to the voice.
• Make sure you can show you have funds in place. If you require a mortgage, obtain an agreement in principal certificate from the lender, or broker.
• If you need to sell your property in order to buy, get your property on the market first and preferably, find a suitable buyer. Where possible, market your property with an agent who is most likely to find you a home; one you feel comfortable with and, most importantly, one that is professional. Don’t just go for cheap fees.
• Always let the agent know what you thought of the property you viewed. Be honest with your comments. Agents like feedback, so they can report back to their clients.
• Never miss a viewing appointment. If you can’t make it, contact the agent in good time so they can reschedule.
• Once you have agreed to buy a property, let the other agents you registered with know. They will appreciate this - you may need to use their services again if the sale does not proceed.
• Should you decide to withdraw from a purchase, make sure it is for a genuine reason. Simply changing your mind mid-stream could damage your reputation as a serious buyer. You don’t want to be thought of as a time waster.
• And finally, when you complete, if deserved, a thank you does not go amiss. Good agents remember!